Due to complexity of sub-surface hydrocarbon structures and dynamic reservoir behaviour, accurate modeling of field development scenarios before making significant capital investments can optimize hydrocarbon production and yield tremendous savings of time, effort and money.
Exploration activities cost tremendous amount of expenditures for gravity/magnetic surveys, seismic acquisition and interpretation, geological studies and finally drilling. After spending millions of dollars to these activities and collect data, generally companies undervalue the data. During the life of a HC field, in later stages many arbitrary decisions are made without proper data analysis/integration and studies.
Our executive field assessment services provide strong technical basis for increasing the value to client’s field through identification of proper operation and development options of the oilfield. With a greater speed and depth of analysis, our target is to gain a comprehensive understanding of reservoir mechanics to define proper reservoir management practices ensures the achievement of the goals.
Critical diagnostic and holistic approach provides insight metrics for optimal well design, placement, construction and operation for long-term excellence in achieving ultimate recovery and production sustainability while meeting short-term goals.
3D sub-surface modeling and simulation has to start with the decision of first well. Earth model of a field helps to properly design and optimize both field operations and data acquisition programs. Our services consist of geological earth modeling, reservoir dynamic simulation and generating optimal field development plan. The summary of the objectives of sub-surface studies are as follow:
The main objectives of the Modeling are
- Construction of earth model
- to incorporating all available data
- to manage, monitor and optimize operations
- to use it as a tool to optimize field development plan
- Incorporate all lessons learned from different studies, geological, geophysical, petrophysical and dynamic data into 3D Earth model.
- Transfer Earth model into 3D reservoir model for further reservoir dynamic simulation.
- Uncertainty mitigation due to comprehensive understanding of the reservoir static and dynamic characteristics.
Benefits of the Modeling and Simulation
- Better understanding of geological characteristics and dynamic flow behavior of the reservoir helps to make right decision about hydrocarbon asset management.
- Proper geological (framework) earth model provides better results of volumetric calculations and operational predictions.
- Static Model helps to better design wells and provide chance to have real time geosteering (reliable horizontal well lending and higher productive horizontal drilling).
- Before implementation of any development scenario or operational decision, model provides chance to simulate dynamic behavior of the reservoir.
- Reliable definition of main uncertainties that supports risk management and data acquisition program