Grenery is currently looking at the data of a block with 7 fields and 4000 bbl/day production in south Arabin peninsula. After evaluation, an investment decision is going to be made.
In this short course, concept and the methodology of data integration in geological modeling are addressed with practical applications. Integration includes incorporation of geological information, seismic, petrophysical and dynamic data. Practical methodology of the best practices and troubleshooting of 3D reservoir characterization in the light of geo-statistics are covered in each step of geo-modeling processes.
Process of data handling, importing, editing, quality controlling, quantitative analysis and constraining the results of modeling algorithms in the steps of picking, fault modeling, gridding, generating horizons, zoning, layering and property modeling are captured by using different tools and plots.
What are the requirements?
- Basic concepts of oil/gas reservoirs
- Basic concepts of oil/gas exploration and development operations
- Oil and Gas field measurements/tools/data
- Basics of modeling software
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 30 lectures and 5.5 hours of content!
- Data quality check and data integration
- Building structural and stratigraphic models
- Building up a complete 3D geocellular model
- Depositional and petrophysical facies modeling
- Stochastic and deterministic property modeling
- Uncertainty mitigation by generating realizations or scenario, ranking
- Although the course is designed software independent. Throughout the course Petrel (Schlumberger) materials are given
What is the target audience?
- Petroleum Engineers
|Section 1: Introduction of 3D geocellular modeling|
|Lecture 6||11 slides|
|Lecture 11||7 slides|
Data Input, QC, Analysis, Validation
|Section 2: 3D Grid - Framework Modeling|
|Lecture 18||6 slides|
Petrel video: Surface operation, horizoning
|Lecture 20||7 slides|
|Lecture 21||10 slides|
|Lecture 23||10 slides|
|Section 3: Property Modeling|
|Lecture 24||8 slides|
|Lecture 25||24 slides|
|Lecture 26||5 slides|
|Section 4: Volumetric Calculation, Uncertainty Analysis|
|Lecture 27||23 slides|
|Lecture 28||11 slides|
Serdar Kaya is a senior consultant with an extensive experience in reservoir modeling/characterization and various technology development. He has pattented several technologies, published several journal and conference papers about innovative modeling approaches for challenging issues. He has also successfully trained, mentored and coached many geologist and engineers in reservoir modeling. He holds both MSc and BSc degrees in Petroleum Engineering. His achievements and high level of technical competence are a reflection not only his engineering knowledge but also high level of personnel commitment and drive.